Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Last Night at Irving Plaza




Last night, Delta Spirit headlined a show at Irving Plaza with Jeff the Brotherhood and Fidlar. H.C. and I were in attendance, as I've tried to go to a show for the last month and have failed in all my attempts. The reason being my current living/commuting/job situation kind of sucks right now, but that’s a whole other rant. Anyway, I got out of work late and ran to H.C.’s apartment where I immediately changed out of my work clothes while simultaneously taking large swigs of Sailor Jerry Rum. We managed to get the show just in time to grab some pounders from the bar and watch Fidlar’s set. Fidlar, an LA based surf punk band, has been a favorite of mine for a long time now. For me, they we’re by far the most entertaining act of the night. Despite the smaller crowd, their set brought a lot of high energy and fun to the venue. The cool thing about a band like Fidlar, is that no matter what you’re doing with your life they’re the type of group that can still make you feel like you’re at a drunken party in your friend’s basement. They closed with their hit “Wake, Bake, Skate”, which was a perfect way to leave the crowd in a happy/thirsty for cheap beer type of mood. The other bands played well, and my extreme exhaustion probably attributed to me not enjoying them as much as their opener. Delta Spirit really filled up the place and put on a pretty impressive performance. H.C. and I truly enjoyed one of their die hard fan’s lonely dance moves next to the bar. I unfortunately did not take any photos of the actual show, because we found a very comfortable spot to post up in the back…and my hands were occupied with beverages.           

No comments:

Post a Comment